Sunday 12 April 2015

A Relaxing Sunday making Tealight Boxes

I've had a lovely quiet Sunday making 24 boxes to hold 4 scented tealights. I am planning to have a stall at my village summer fete this year, so am making a head start on some of the hand crafted gifts I hope to sell in aid of Breast Cancer.

The boxes were made with a piece of base card stock that measures 5 and 7/8th of an inch square. I then used the envelope punch board to punch and score at 2.5 inches and 3.25 inches

Before assembling the boxes I glued a 3 x 3 peice of decorative paper to the centre section and used a die to cut out a circle. I then used a small square of clear acetate to cover the hole and make a window into the box.

I then assembled the boxes, added 4 scented tea lights and completed the decoration with more decorative paper and ribbon. I kept the reverse of the boxes blank and added a candle safety label that I had printed with my blog address on it.

Am really pleased with how they turned out. Happy crafting x





1 comment: