Monday 14 September 2015

The Shaving Foam Technique

A couple of weeks ago, I popped into the Candy Box Crafts unit, to have a lovely crafty catch up with my pal Roy. Whilst there he showed me a selection of amazing cards that he had made using the shaving foam technique that he had learnt at a recent workshop with Pauline Butcher,

Well I was so impressed that I wanted to have a go myself, so I went straight to Tesco's and bought a can of their value shaving foam for 25p and a small baking tray.I squirted some shaving foam into the tray and then added a few pumps of Dylusions ink on top of the foam. I then used a wooden BBQ skewer to gently swirl the ink around. Once I was happy with the swirls I pressed a piece of card onto the top of the ink and lifted it off after a few seconds. After removing the excess foam you are left with beautiful swirly patterns, one of which I have used to make the card below.

Thanks Roy for inspiring me once again xx

2 comments:

  1. Hi this is a gorgeous card I love the background and the stamps are beautiful. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant card, loving the colours, those stamps are fab!!
    Hugs Donna x

    ReplyDelete